Sumeet Passi is born in the Yamuna district of Chandigarh. He began playing football from a young age as his father represented Railways. He was a dedicated footballer and was put through his paces at the Chandigarh Football Academy.
He was later made the captain of the U14 team. He excelled during his learning years at this academy. With a healthy goal total and strong support system, Chandigarh could now boast of Sumeet as their son. He was later drafted into the Pailan Arrows set up, where he made his professional debut in 2013 at a tender age of 18 years.
A poacher by instinct, Sumeet can be found at the right place when the team needs him. He can also play as a sole striker, with great movement and blistering pace to take on defences.
Alternatively he is more than capable to operate on the either flanks.
WHY MUMBAI FC?
- Well it is simple, Mumbai FC do not have a target man on top. HE CAN BE YOUR MAN for the job.
- He can also share the load of work in the final third with Eric Brown.
- Due to his height and speed, he can be an aerial threat to the opposition.
- Timing, a crucial element in football. Sumeet Passi is a poacher by nature and has a high conversion rate.
- He covers more ground than other strikers. 12.1 kms on an average.